15 May 2007

Smile! You're it!: Cards you leave behind

Ta-da! I made you a gift. As I previously wrote in my first blog entry, it was important to me that I made Austin specific "Smile Cards". I've dubbed our version "You're It!" cards. These are business cards that you can print out at home to pass out as you perform your senseless acts of kindness. Hopefully the person who receives your card will check out this blog and send us their story. If they do, I will post their story and perhaps you will see how your act of kindness brightened their day (and maybe even changed their life).

If you'd like to print some at home, I recommend going to Target to pick up the Avery Ink Jet Business Cards. For only $4.99, you get an astounding 200 cards that are already perforated (no cutting needed!). Of course, you can always print the cards out on plain paper, but the sturdiness of the business card paper will extend the longevity of each card.

If the blog traffic keeps rolling in like it is, I will print off the rest of the cards and leave them in a few central locations (feel free to do the same if you happen to purchase the 200 pack). Most likely I'll pin a few to some bulletin boards around town. I'll post the locations of the cards as soon as I've made a drop. If you see any around town, feel free to take a few and start performing your senseless acts of kindness. Let Austin's kindness revolution begin!

.pdf file links (for at home printing):
You're It Cards [front]
Your It Cards [back]

No comments: