15 May 2007

For Andrew: A pen bouquet

In my second post, I wrote about a Craigslist poster who was upset because someone had walked away with his beloved ink pen. I wrote to him to let him know that I'd like to replace it. He responded by saying he'd trade me a pen for a mix CD. Tomorrow, I am going to plant these pens in a super secret location. After I've hidden them, I am going to email him the location so he can pick up his new pen bouquet!

Note: it's difficult buying pens for a total stranger. I wasn't sure if he preferred black ink, blue ink, rollerball, ball point, or what. The "writing instruments" aisle in Office Max has more options than Starbucks!

I finally settled on seven pens that cover most of the bases for pen preferences. Let's just hope that it will be a while before all seven of these are unwittingly nabbed from Andrew by accidental pen robbers.

I'll write more about this tomorrow after the plant.

By the way, I have been very pleased with the response to this young blog. I sincerely appreciate your words of encouragement and your stories of generosity. I'll begin compiling snippetts and posting them here in the coming weeks.

With that, I leave you with this: Remember that "No one has ever become poor by giving." -Anne Frank

No comments: