16 May 2007

Needed: queen mattress for military veteran

Imagine coming home from service in Iraq and everything in your apartment has been stolen. Not only that, but so was your spouse! That'd be the cherry on top of a fantastic year, wouldn't it?

The following was on Craigslist yesterday:

I am just returning home from iraq and REALLY need a mattress. I am looking for a queen size mattress set. I dont have much money, but i can trade a brand new palm pilot with all the accessories and an expansion card worth over $280.00 My husband ran off with a girl he got pregnant, left our apartment open and EVERYTHING was stolen. I could use the help, thanks
She's not looking for a new husband; the girl just wants a mattress set. She and I exchanged some emails, and she has access to a truck. If anyone wants to donate a mattress to this veteran, please contact her. If you wish to stay anonymous, feel free to contact me and I'll relay the information.
[photo credit: dave gorman]

No comments: