20 May 2007

Confession: Tell 'em how you feel

Every Sunday, PostSecret posts new post cards. If you haven't heard of PostSecret, you are missing out. It's an ongoing project in which people can anonymously send in their confessions on a post card that they themselves have decorated. Every card is poignant. Some are funny, some are sad, and all are intriguing. There are a couple of PostSecret books (which I own and love) as well as the blog with new posts updated every Sunday. I highly recommend checking them out.

So what does PostSecret have to do with Austin Anonymous? Well, I was thinking that it would be a great idea if everyone sent an anonymous post card to an acquaintance (a co-worker, a church friend, etc.) and give them words of wisdom or encouragement where they are in their life right now. The above post card was one of the cards on PostSecret today, and I love it. Those are words I definitely needed to hear, and it made me realize that it would be really cheap and easy to brighten a person's day with a simple postcard.

No comments: